Tuesday, June 9, 2009


Cruising down Broadway this evening reminded me of the big (2 block) move Reckless Records decided to take earlier this month. It’s rather clear that space was what the store was after and their goal has been inexcusably reached with enough floor to support twenty dozen Sunn amps. While atmosphere is not the foremost factor of a groovy record store, it plays a vital role in your mood. Blank white walls, spacious aisles and bright lighting simply don’t provide enough grit to properly fuck through hundreds of CD covers. Where did the dim-lit claustrophobic setting reminiscent of a favorite venue go? Fortunately, the selection was still in tact and I ran to the Garage/Rockabilly selection with little hesitation. The Sonics…o0o0o…The Dirtbombs….15 bones? Fuck you. After a few moments, I stumbled upon a name I briefly heard in passing awhile back, Black Time. The Reckless sticker described the album as “A more loud and fucked up Jay Reatard”. To add to the appeal of this statement, I noticed the In The Red logo and was more than convinced that I found some holy document of noise. Which I did and here’s the proof.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zyqmvydg1qy

No comments:

Post a Comment